The project aims to create a comprehensive knowledge base to understand, trace and forecast, how armed conflict changes in various directions. The interdisciplinary team of researchers focuses its attention to five dimensions of change:
- Actors involved in conflict,
- Impact of conflict on civilians,
- Environments in which conflict takes place,
- Methods used in conflict,
- and Resources that drive conflict.
Changes in violent conflict often appear bewildering and they remain under-researched. The Conflict Platform project provides a novel tool and language to analyse these changes in a nuanced and forward-looking manner.