Task: Support Dr Idler in work on the AHRC/ESRC-funded project “The Changing Character of Conflict Platform: Understanding, Tracing and Forecasting Change across Time, Space and Cultures”. The aim of the interdisciplinary project is to enhance understanding of change in armed conflict by exploring various dimensions of change from an arts, humanities, and social sciences perspective.
- To carry out literature reviews relevant to the five dimensions of change in conflict, namely actors involved in conflict, the impact of conflict on people and societies, the environments in which conflict takes place, the methods used in conflict and the resources that drive conflict
- To assist Dr Idler and the interdisciplinary research team in further project-activities
- Experience in carrying out research in the fields of conflict, security, or related subjects (essential)
- Be able to work independently and under tight deadlines (essential)
- Experience in working with an interdisciplinary research team (desired)
Start date: As soon as possible
Duration: Up to 12 weeks
Rate of pay: £12.74 per hour (including holiday entitlement)
For further information regarding this work, please see the project website (www.conflictplatform.ox.ac.uk) or contact: Dr Annette Idler at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply: Please send your CV and a short statement to Magda Rzewuska Personnel Assistant DPIR, email: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is noon on Thursday 18 December 2017
Masters students may not normally undertake more than 6 hours per week paid work for the Department, and DPhil students not normally more than 10 hours. The Department does not normally authorise students to work as research assistants for their academic supervisor without the consent of the Head of Department and the Director of Graduate Studies.